Our contact details
Name: Energy Smart
Address: 9 Wedgwood Road
Phone Number: 0800 046 7345
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Names and titles.
- Contact details such as telephone numbers, addresses, and email addresses, and preferences as to how you prefer to be contacted.
- Where they are relevant, or where you provide them to us, we may process information such as age, date of birth, confirmation of state benefits you are in receipt of; the nature of your right to occupy the premises; if you have children or persons with specific needs at the property.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for any of the following reasons:
- To undertake an Energy Performance Certificate
- To obtain funding through government funded grant schemes
- We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- Third parties with whom we work such as estate agents, a main or sub-contractor, a lead generation company, a social housing provider. The reason why this data is collected is so that we can provide:
- An Energy Performance Certificate or
- Grant funding for government funded energy efficiency schemes.
We may share this information with a third party partner who is carrying out either 4a) or 4b) on our behalf.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting us by email at email@example.com
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored on our password protected database system.
We keep all personal and survey information for 15 years. We will then dispose of your information by permanently erasing data from our database system.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
If you wish to make a request you can contact us by any of the following methods:
Phone: 0800 046 7345
9 Wedgwood Road, Bedford, MK41 7NW
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint by contacting us:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Phone: 0800 046 7345
By Post: 9 Wedgwood Road, Bedford, MK41 7NW
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk