Commercial EPC Milton Keynes
Commercial EPCs Explained
What is a commercial EPC?
EPC stands for Energy Performance Certificate and is the methodology used by government in the UK to rate the energy efficiency in non domestic buildings.
Why are they needed?
All commercial properties that are being sold, built or rented in Milton Keynes must have a Commercial EPC Certificate. An EPC for a commercial property must be given to prospective buyers or tenants free of charge.
If the building is a new building, it will need a commercial EPC also know as a non-domestic EPC to demonstrate compliance with Part L2A or Part L2B of the building regulations.
How to get a commercial EPC in Milton Keynes
A qualified, accredited Non Domestic Energy Assessor performs a commercial EPC. For buildings that are already in use, a site visit will be required.
For a newly built property, no site visit is required. We carry out a desktop exercise done from the building plans. If you require a commercial epc in Milton Keynes, get in touch and we would be happy to provide a quotation.
Commercial EPC cost in Milton Keynes
Commercial buildings vary considerably in size and complexity. A commercial epc is a lot more detailed than a typical domestic epc. However our prices start from as low as £198. Prices are typically based of the number of rooms in the building or the total floor area of building.
If you call for a quote let us know how many rooms are in the building and we’ll be able to give you an instant quote, or click the button below and we will email you back a quote.
What’s involved in getting a commercial epc in Buckinghamshire?
For all existing buildings, your epc Assessor has to visit the property.
- The Assessor has to gather such as
- Size and dimensions of the building
- Details of the type of construction for the walls
- Details about the heating system and controls and ventilation system if present.
- Information about the levels of insulation present.
- Information about the type of lighting and controls.
- Information about the type of glazing in the building.
To be able to produce your non domestic epc, your Assessor will need:
- Floor Plans to include sections and elevations drawings.
- A written specification which must provide:
- Details of the construction specification of walls, roof and floors.
- Details of the insulation present for walls, roof and floors .
- Details of the specification for all doors and windows.
- Details of primary and secondary heating and provision for hot water.
- Details of type of heating controls.
- Details of how hot water is provided.
- Details of any renewable technology (ie solar, heat pumps etc).
Commercial EPC for newly built properties
The EPC is completed for all newly constructed non domestic properties from the building plans.
Part L2A of the building regulations requires that buildings meet certain energy efficiency standards. This is a difficult target. An energy performance certificate has to be produced and produce and the building must also demonstrate compliance with strict CO2 emission standards.
Prior to the EPC report being registered, a BRUKL report has to be produced for building control to demonstrate compliance with the set CO2 emissions.
Your BRUKL report should be produced at the design stage to ensure your building will pass on completion. We give you expert advise to ensure that your building will be compliant.
We can produce an Energy Statement if required. An Energy Statement is required by some Buckinghamshire Local Authorities where they require the proposed building to achieve a CO2 emission reduction of typically anywhere between 20 and 30% above that of the building regulations.
These are challenging targets and will probably require implementation of renewables such as heat pumps or solar. It is important that we do the calculations at the earliest possible stage as any shortfall in obtaining the target may mean a carbon levy being paid to the Local Authority for every tonne of CO2 produced annually that is under the set target.
Get A Quote For Your Project
Tell us a few things about your project and get a FREE No Obligation quote within 24 hours.
0800 046 7345
epcHome is the online website and trading style of Energy Smart Bedford
epchome.co.uk ©Copyright 2017 -2024. All Rights Reserved
Address: 9 Wedgwood Road, Bedford, MK41 7NW